Monthly Archives: January 2017
How Fish Oil Can Help You With Your Memory
A lot of people think that learning how to keep a good memory is a hard thing to do. You need to be on the look out for information you can use to educate yourself on how to practice good memory strategies; tips like the ones in this article can help.
A key to keeping your memory sharp as a tack is to keep up your social relationships. By surrounding yourself with friends and family, especially those that you consider a great support system, you are helping your memory to stay alive. Research actually shows that those with the most active lifestyle showed the slowest rate of memory loss.
Participate in regular exercise. Exercise increases oxygen to the brain and can be helpful to your memory. It also gets blood flowing to your brain more. It can also help prevent diseases that can lead to memory loss in the future. An active body leads to an active mind.
Protecting your cells is vital to keeping your brain healthy and active. Eating foods that are rich in antioxidants like blueberries, strawberries, and other fruits and veggies will give you a leg up in taking care of your brain. These antioxidants not only keep your brain working in optimum condition, they also may help slow the aging process.
Build consistent study times into your schedule. To build your long-term memory, you need to fight the urge to cram. Cramming information will place it in your short-term memory, and it will easily fall to the wayside once the information is used. To really commit something to your memory, develop daily sessions where you study it with real focus. Keep it consistent, and you will soon find the information is with you for the long haul!
If you suffer from loss of memory, be sure to see a psychiatrist or therapist. Memory loss can be a sign that you suffer from anxiety or depression, and you may not even know it. If you do have anxiety or depression, treating it could be the key to you getting your memory back.
One of the most effective and easiest ways to remember material is by repeating it until you can easily recall it. If the information you need to remember is written down, just read it over and over until it all sinks in. It also helps to recite the information just before bed.
To improve your memory you need to have fun and laugh a lot. Your memory needs healthy fun besides training. Struggling for 6 hours with the latest Los Angeles Times crossword puzzle might seem to enhance memory functions, but in most cases socializing with friends, going to the movies or enjoying a play at the local theatre helps much more.
This article has hopefully come in handy for you as you try and practice good memory strategies. You want to remember to always keep on the lookout for new information as your knowledge grows; that in itself is a good memory strategy. Apply the knowledge you learned and you should be successful.
Using Humor in Your Professional Speaking Gig
If using humor in your professional speaking presentation, understand this. People will pay more to be entertained than they will to be informed. Look around you and you will see that the top industry is the entertainment industry. Encompassing sports events, comic acts, movies, television and music, the entertainment industry steadily received trillions of dollars worldwide.
Humor accomplishes many things in your presentation. Here are some things that humor can do for you!
1. Humor helps you connect with your audience. Make yourself more relatable with your audience as they begin to see that it’s not all about the information. Humor draws your audience to you because people are naturally drawn to positive things.
2. Humor makes you more approachable and likeable as a speaker. Your audience will see you as being more down to earth and again, relatable.
3. Humor creates interest in your topic as well as yourself. Humor just makes things interesting to follow. People like to laugh.
4. Humor helps to keep the attention of your audience. Your audience tunes out because they get lost in your presentation. By using humor, it’ll be harder for your audience to tune out because they will want to hear your humorous story.
5. Humor strengthens point and ideas you want to highlight in your presentation. Funny stories are memorable and can strengthen the point of your message. Television sitcoms are famous for taking real life situations and presenting them in a humorous fashion.
6. Humor removes hostility in your presentation. If there were any ill feelings towards you or your message, humor lightens the mood of your audiences and disarms negative emotions.
7. Humor helps connects pieces of information in your topic. Work humor into the transition points of your presentation. In that way they will be the bridge that connects the points of your message together.
8. Humor helps paint mental images in the minds of your audience. Self-effacing humor is often relatable to your audience because they can see themselves having those same situations.
9. Humor makes your presentation more memorable. People remember when they laugh. They’ll remember funny stories or funny instance during your presentation.
10. Humor lightens a heavy topic. People can only take so much of heavy topics. You don’t want to make your audience feel depressed even if your topic discusses a very grave matter.
11. Humor can bring in better evaluations and more product sales. Humor warms your audience up to you. In doing so, your audience will be more open to purchasing your back of the room products as well as give you a better review.
12. Humor will make people happy. People want to enjoy your seminar. They want to have a good time and they want to be happy. Humor helps you achieve that.
Humor can add so much variety to an otherwise dull, information only presentation. Helping to connect you with your audience, humor is a great addition that can bring you better speaker reviews and increased revenue. Add some spice to your message by incorporating humor!
What About The Cannes Festival And Film Making?
For 12 days in the month of May the city of Cannes celebrates the National Film Agency. The town is filled to capacity with more than 200,000 film makers, stargazers, and film fans, who gather on the Croisette to attend the Cannes Film Festival. During the 12 day span thousands of films are screened, careers are started, and disappointment shows itself. Stars the world over come to get their share of attention.
Since the 1950′s when Brigitte Bardot ran on the beach for the cameras in her teenie bikini, Cannes has blossomed to celebrate the worlds most favorite pastimes, cinema and sex. Cannes has grown to be the most famous of all festivals of film. Cannes is spectacular with the palm trees, red carpets, stars that come out to sparkle in the flash of paparzzi cameras, and the famed celebrity parties.
Cannes may not look like the best place to host the world’s most famous film festival. Cinema was invented in France, Paris France. The weather in Cannes is nice, but that is not the best selling point. The Cannes Film Festival exists as a result of the rise of fascism in Europe during the 1930′s. In 1932 the first competitive film festival was sponsored in Venice. This was called the Mostra di Venezia, and the awards it gave, was mostly about the prestige of the countries that participated, as it was about the films. As time went by, the fascist alliances in certain countries received favoritism when it came to judging the films and giving of awards.
In 1938 Jean Renoir’s “La Grande Illusion” was passed by for the top prize in the festival, despite being the obvious favorite of the festival attendees, and the jury members. Instead the award was given to two films, a two-part German film called “Olympia”, commissioned by Joseph Goebbels to show the Nazi success of the 1938 Berlin Olympics, and “Luciano Serra, Pilota, made with the supervision of Il Duces son. When the announcement came, the French were furious and withdrew from the festival. The American and British jury members resigned to protest the fact that fascism could walk all over artistic excellence.
Later that same year, a group of film makers and critics petitioned the French government to put run an alternative, international film festival in France. A festival where film makers could show their films and compete without censorship or bias. The French government was not very happy about going against Mussolini, and were dragging their feet. The group kept putting pressure on the government, and they finally gave consent to the event.
The competition is the main event of the festival today, this is where the glory and glamour come in. The films screened are referred to as being “in competition”. The most coveted award is the Golden Palm for best picture. This is one of the most prestigious awards on earth, and will give the film a huge boost. For low budget films and novice film makers, this can mean millions of extra dollars at the international box office, for foreign films it brings worldwide distribution. The competition is usually open to narrative films only, but there are times when a documentary is introduced. Michael Moore’s ” Fahrenheit 9/ 11″ won the top prize in 2004. The film makers are welcome to enter both features and shorts. There are awards in each category.
Monster High Dolls
Monster High Dolls is a deviation from Mattel’s Barbie doll line. The creator of Monster High Dolls was also the creator of Barbie, Garrett Sander. This time, though, the creator took inspiration from horror movies and monster characters in developing high-fashion dolls. The brand was introduced in July 2010 and has been increasing in popularity over kids and tweens worldwide.
Monster High Dolls come in two sizes. The female dolls are approximately 10” in height while the male dolls are around 11”. They appear rather different from Barbie Dolls with their oversized heads, doe-like eyes and button noses. Since the dolls are inspired from monster fiction characters, their skin and their characterization also vary from each other. In general, the bodies of the dolls are made using ABS plastic, while their soft PVC heads sport saran fibers as their hair. Some male dolls have molded hairs made from plastic. Some parts are also removable such as the hands and the forearms.
Characters in Monster High Dolls are inspired from popular fictional characters with names such as Frankie Stein, Clawdeen Wolf, Draculaura, Deuce Gorgon, Cleo de Nile, and Ghoulia Yelps among others. The ages of the characters also revolve around their tweens. Aside from the dolls, Mattel also created a different branding for Monster High which includes stationeries, key chains, accessories, bags and so much more. Monster High web series, video games and Monster High books are also created under the brand.
• Character information are included in the box
• Aside from the Monster High Doll, the box also includes the characters’ accessories, pets, beauty accessories, and a doll stand.
• Dolls have fully articulated bodies with some removable parts.
• Fun for kids 6 years and up.
• Most user reviews center on the unique and fabulous qualities of the dolls’ physical characteristics such as their hair, accessories and the costumes that come with the character.
• The included doll stand is an excellent addition as other dolls that are currently in the market require separate purchase for this useful accessory.
• Material used for production makes the doll fragile.
• Removable parts easily snap off but they get can be connected back.
• Some parts are breakable.
• Small removable parts can be choking hazards for younger kids.
Mattel’s Monster High Dolls pose great competition for Mattel’s Barbie. Indeed, this new set of tween toys is taking their market by storm with the highly creative designs which are quite evident on the development of each doll’s characterization. The dolls are meant for tweens and teen girls. Since some of the removable parts are quite small and the risk of choking might be possible for those with toddlers and babies at home, most parents recommend getting Monster High Dolls with lesser removable parts. The great thing about Monster High Dolls is that the dolls can be made to pose in different angles and positions due to their articulated features. The box includes a lot of extras in the accessories department. The box also has useful information explaining the dolls’ characters which are entertaining and educational in a sense.