Category Archives: Movies Online
Reasons to Quit Smoking – 101 Funny & Not-so-Funny Incentives
“Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.”– Archimedes
Do you have a “long enough lever” in your life to quit smoking? With long list of reasons, you can do anything – even quit smoking.
(Ordered chronologically and by importance)
1. Wasting money on killing yourself
2. Smelling like an ashtray
3. Your bland taste buds
4. The embarrassing smoking smell of your
5. Even coffee tastes worst
6. Wondering if someone is going to get sick from riding in your “smoker’s” car
7. Your home won’t stink
8. The whizzing when you breathe
9. You alright get enough lung population by living in the city
10. You won’t have to move to the country to breath clean air
11. Poor circulation
12. Low energy
13. Feeling gorse
14. No amount of gum covers your ashtray breath
15. Yellow teeth
16. Yellow Stained fingers
17. Living an extra 7 years
18. Accomplishing what only 3.5% of smokers do a year*: quitting for a year or longer (According to the Surgeon General’s Report, 1990)
19. Grayish dull complexion caused by smoking
20. Preventing premature aging without surgery or fancy creams
21. Scaly skin caused by smoking
22. Having to look for a cigarette
23. Having to ask for a light
24. Those millions of thoughts about smoking
25. Wasting time planning your smoke breaks
Reasons to Quit Smoking
26. Experiencing panic-attacks when you’re not able to have a cigarette
27. Freezing outside in bad weather
28. Having money to go back to school, work less hours, or go a vacation
29. Extra money to purchase gift’s for loved ones
30. Hanging out with the mostly unhealthy and pessimistic “smokers” crowd
31. No energy to exercise
32. Three words “sex, impotence, loser”
33. Not being able to a flight climb stairs without losing your breathe
34. The “a smoker” unhealthy life style
35. Low self-confidence of being a smoker
36. People looking down on you for being a ‘smoker’
37. Being turned down for life insurance
38. Potential employer not hiring you because you’re a smoker
39. Not being able to find an apartment because no one wants to rent to smokers
41. All the interruptions in your life
42. Less running around
43. The negative drain of being addicted to something
44. Non-smoker hate kissing smokers, and most likely will NOT
45. The thought of harming your unborn baby
46. Second-hand smoke kills family members too
47. 75% of children who smoke because their parents do
48. Teens that smoke are seven times more likely do elicit drugs
49. Trips to the convenience store in the middle of the night
50. Waking-up in the middle of the night just to have a smoke
Reasons to Quit Smoking
51. Craving a cigarette and being irritated if you don’t get one
52. Less time to spend with your family
53. Less time inhaling toxic poisons
54. Less time inhaling other smokers second hand smoke
55. Never having to sit in another smoke filled room
56. Feeling and looking younger
57. The smell smoke in your hair
58. The smell smoke in your clothes
59. A toxic and cancer filled body
60. Aching joints
61. Muscle pains
62. That constant nagging cough
63. Getting a “colds” all the time
64. A weak immune system
65. Only being able to date less-than-perfect smokers
66. Burning holes your clothes
67. Worrying about burning down your home
68. Worrying about burning down some one else’s property or home
69. Encouraging your children to play with fire
70. Having money to go on “date night” to dinner and the movies
71. Time to start a new hobby
72. Time to start an exercise program
73. Time to clean your body out
74. Finally throwing clothes with burn holes in them
75. Smoking causes infertility
Reasons to Quit Smoking
76. Your baby will thank you
77. Your breast milk will be safe to drink
78. All of your family members will be proud of you
79. All of your friends will be proud of you
80. All of your co-workers will be proud of you
81. Having lunch money every day now
82. You won’t ever be called ‘a smoker’ again
83. Having to bum cigarettes from others
84. Worry about going for a long time without a smoke like in a movie or on a plane
85. Sleepless nights
86. The sad fact your first thought in your day is about “smoking”
87. You’ll instantly be sexier and more attractive to people even non-smokers
88. No more excuses about not quitting
89. Literally not being able to smell the roses
90. Other people thinking you’re dim-witted
91. Losing creditability as an professional or expert because of your dumb habit
92. Your mom never asking you to quit again
93. Having the title of “ex-smoker”
94. Quitting before you get cancer or die
95. Proving all those people wrong who said “you’ll never quit”
96. Dying a peaceful death
97. Giving the athletic performance advantage to the non-smokers
98. Burning holes in your carpets
99. Cleaning ashtrays
100. Cleaning up spill tobacco in your purse or desk
101. Hiding the fact you still haven’t quit yet
Right now, please write out your top 10, print it them off, or email them to a friend. I hope you found a long list of reasons to quit smoking now, long enough to easily quit smoking today.
1US Surgeon General’s Report, 1990, p. vi
2According to the American Cancer Society, the average economic costs of smoking are estimated to be approximately ,391 per smoker per year
*** According for the average inflation cost of Cigarettes
**** U.S. Fire Administration. A Profile of Fire in the United States, 1989-1998. 2000. Available online at: www.usfa.fema.gov
5Smoking 25 cigarettes (one pack) a day for an average 4 minutes (smoking and traveling to the designated smoking spot) equals 608 hours and 20 minutes of conscious time per year.
The Pros And Cons Of Motorcycle Stunt
The person offering the highest bid at closing of auction receives the right to purchase the products at the bid price. The winner of the bid is normally legally bound to buy the item auctioned. In recent times auctions have been conducted online.
If you’ve budgeted for possible out-of-pocket expenses in case of a car accident, you might want to consider increasing your insurance deductible to 0. This will lower the cost of your insurance.
Taking a course of lessons will give you the chance to be accepted by an insurance company for your first Insurance policy. In fact most companies will insist on a minimum number of lessons completed by a recognised school, before a son or daughter will be admitted onto a Parent’s policy.
The pros and cons of motorcycle stunt
Motorcycle riders and fans all over the world are always on the lookout for motorcycle stunts that will keep them hooked to their seats or on any stable ground from where they are watching. The truth is that fans all over the world live for motorcycle stunts.
The word stunt is usually associated with action scenes or dangerous movements made by any person either on stage, on television or movies and even live performances. The common denominator is that a stunt involves risk to the performer or the person doing the stunt.
Some stunts are done by bare hands such as jumping on top of a building while some stunts are done using vehicles or motorcycles. Motorcycle lovers flock to motorcycle shows and exhibitions because of the stunts that the riders do no matter how dangerous.
Motorcycle stunts are more dangerous because the rider only has two wheels to support him and there is always the danger of his head being heavily injured despite the use of helmets and padding.
Any stunt for that matter requires prior planning as to the safety of the performer as well as the audience. There are stunts that are done to shock the performers without looking into the possible harm that may be caused to all the people involved in the stunt.
Step forward to 2005, and the current year model is a nice departure from earlier years. The 2005 Ford Focus has improved as it has aged; let’s examine what is helping the car to be a proven competitor in the crowded small vehicle segment:
When changing provider, Car Insurance companies will usually ask you to prove your No Claims Bonus in the form of a renewal notice or a letter from your current Car Insurance company. If you have several years of No Claims Bonus but then make a claim, the Car Insurance company will usually apply it’s rules of how much to knock back your No Claims Bonus Years
After you have finished filling up your tank, you should twist the gas pump nozzle a full 180 degrees. This will drain a bit more gas into your tank, sometimes up to an entire half cup. If you don’t do this, the extra gas would just be a bonus to the next gas customer.
In the first place, motorcycle stunts should only be done by riders who are already considered experts in their field. Novices in the world or motorcycle riding and racing shouldn’t be allowed to do stunts that would endanger their safety and even their lives. Even experienced stuntmen should ask themselves whether or not doing the stunt is worth the danger posed to them. Some do stunts for enjoyment, others for fame and glory while some do it for money. Others simply do it for the adrenaline.
Every motorcycle stunt should follow a plan or a script which should be implemented to the letter to minimize the risks on the safety of the performer and the audience.
Motorcycle riders should be honest with themselves and evaluate their capabilities. They should be responsible enough to know the risks involved in doing the stunts. Everyone has their own limits and they shouldn’t push themselves too hard to do motorcycle stunts that are beyond their capabilities.
Riders are a wild bunch and they will always go for broke. It may be the excitement that gives them the energy and the resoluteness to do dangerous motorcycle stunts. Whatever the reason is, they should always be ready to face the consequences of such acts. More motorcycle products at Salehoo, all at wholesale prices. See my salehoo review.
Gas prices are getting more and more ridiculous. And it’s going to keep increasing with no limit in sight! For the new car owners out there, do you know that a gallon of unleaded gasoline used to cost only .25?
Being a full hybrid, the Mercury Mariner employs both series- and parallel-hybrid characteristics. The gasoline engine shuts down to conserve fuel during coasting, at stoplights, and at low speeds.
The cost of your policy is directly related to this amount. Many people, particularly those who have had their insurance policy for a long time, have never considered whether they ought to vary their deductible. If you have a good driving record and are prepared to increase the risk of paying a larger amount in the event of a (hopefully unlikely) claim you can save money by increasing your deductible.
Dealing With Trauma & Anger
I used to visit a support forum online for people recovering from various types of trauma. It felt like a wonderful place, and I know it does a lot of good for people. But after I was there for a while I started to wonder, “why don’t I see anyone getting well here?” Out of all the people there, you would see lots of people having “insights,” but the insights didn’t seem to translate into anything but small improvements in their actual lives. The more time you spent there, the more you saw people repeating the same patterns. Once in a while people would suddenly quit coming and I’d wonder, “what happened to them?”
I really wanted people to get well and to feel better myself so I kept thinking what to do next, what was the next step? …and then suddenly one day it occurred to me:
You can’t become happy and healthy without doing the things happy and healthy people do.
And happy, healthy, people didn’t spend hours every day reliving the most tragic and painful moments of their lives! Instead they were out playing with their kids, taking a class, going to the movies, working, whatever. They were going on with life.
It taught me that there is a subtle, but very important distinction between “healing” and “healed.” We need sometimes to reflect and discuss, but we should never lose sight of our goal. The goal is not the healing process, but rather to feel good again. Focusing on healing is akin to someone pointing to the moon but you stare at the end of their finger. Too often leads you into your pain and limitations and not to where you wish to be.
Since then I often think of my personal growth as one big matching game. If, for example, my dream life includes being very healthy and feeling youthful, well then today I might try to match. A healthy person has healthy eating and exercise habits. Or, say I wish to be confident. Today I might try to speak better of myself and hesitate less.
Self-help is like a middle step that sometimes we need and use, sometimes we don’t need but we worry ourselves into thinking we do, or sometimes we discuss the self help but fail to apply it.
Anger is not a very enjoyable emotion and it can cause many problems. We often feel helpless in our anger, but there are some simple techniques we can learn to help us reduce or eliminate our anger and direct it in more healthy ways.
Anger often is born out of a build up of stress, so the first thing you can do is learn relaxation techniques that you can use when you are feeling stressed. One technique is simply taking a break and breathing deeply and letting go of the tension held in your body.
It is our exaggerated and dramatic way of thinking that makes our anger escalate, so it is important to start breaking the habit of this distorted way of thinking. When we are angry, we might be imagining that people are deliberately trying to hurt us or that we are powerless or that things beyond our control matters more than it actually does.
Control issues especially come up with anger. We need to learn that we can’t control others but also that we don’t need to control others to be happy and safe. We only need to be able to direct our own thoughts and behavior, and more consciously choose to take positive things from situations and life.
Blame is another issue that comes up frequently with anger. Blame is very dis-empowering, and it is sometimes sneaks its way into our psyche in disguise. Make a conscious decision to let go of blame just as you would let go of holding onto something that burns you.
Expression is the last key to managing your anger. Trying to suppress anger you feel only makes it fester until it boils over or causes damage to you. Anger often can be unraveled by using the techniques just mentioned, but when it can’t, it is important to express it in ways that do not harm you or others. Sometimes it is enough to communicate to someone, “I am angry because I feel like…” At other times it is not helpful or possible to talk to the person with whom you are feeling anger. General anger can also be expressed in painting (even if you are not an artist), in poetry or music, in a journal, or some other safe manner. Just be careful that when you are expressing your anger, you are letting go of it and not increasing your anger. Managing anger should always make you feel more empowered.
15 Creative Photo Ideas
1. Surf around the Web. Look at images at magazines, papers, on-line galleries and you’ll find a wealth of ideas. Try the Gallery at shotaddict.com. Want more – go to flickr.com and look through tones of creative shots. Another useful source is VFXY, it displays recent posts from various photoblogs.
2. Learn the ‘visual language’. Visit Art Museums, Galleries and Exhibitions that have photography shows. Learn art history from Antiquity to the Present and discover how highly creative people developed methods for expressing light and color.
3. Watch Movies. It is another source of inspiration, as they are nothing more than still images shown to you at 29.97 frames a second. Lots of ideas for concepts, lighting, messages, or just plain pretty images.
4. Read photography books to learn new techniques and then try to apply them in your work.
5. Look at things through the eyes of creativity. Pick anything and shoot it just to see what it looks like: things around your house, in the refridgerator, etc. The subject doesn’t really matter all that much, what matters is how you shoot it. Shoot, shoot and still shoot even more. Digital is cheap.
6. Composition is the key. Think about what you are doing. Frame your photo in your mind. Look for interesting angles and light, go high, go low. The key is to shoot the subject in as many different ways, under different lighting, and try to make those images interesting. So, don’t just point and shoot, but consider composition.
7. The twenty step exercise. If you lack inspiration, you can take your camera, go outside and start shooting anything around. Each photographer has their own secret. Some recommends shooting 100 photos in one hour. Others suggest you should try to get 100 shots from within the 10 metre radius of where you are. Others play twenty steps. Go out for a walk, walk twenty steps, stop, look around, take a picture (try and make it interesting, an unusual angle, a closeup, abstract, etc), walk another twenty steps, repeat. The point is to develop your eye, learn to look more indepth at your surroundings, to look in close as well as wide. This exercise forces you to try and see the mundane differently.
8. Plan a trip to a local botanical garden or a zoo. Make sure to visit such places from time to time, – there are lots of things to shoot there.
9. Shoot in different conditions. E.g. iff you shoot in early morning, late in the afternoon or in sunset, the available light will add more depth, create interesting shadows and color changes for your convenience. Try to photograph places in fog – it will hide distracting background elements.
10. Look through postcards. If you want to shoot the city you live in, or you plan a trip to some excited place, you’ll find it useful to look through postcards. Often we walk past something time and time again and never actually notice its potential. Besides, postcards will give you ideas what is the best way to shoot the subject.
11. Learn how to “see” with your camera – another exercise to develop your eye. If your camera has a viewfinder, look through it for some time. Then look at a scene, and imagine how the camera will see it. Then hold again your camera up to your face and find out if you were right. Keep trying until you can tell immediately what the camera will see.
12. Self-criticism Shoot, shoot and shoot! But after you take tons of images, you should sort them ruthlessly. 10% of worthy photos for a day is not bad results.
13. Enter online contests. It’s great inspiration to find interesting stuff to photograph. You have a topic, and it can make it easier to find interesting stuff to shoot. Try Contests at shotaddict.com.
14. Join a photo community and interest groups. It is cheap, informative, and fun. You can post your photos, participate in critique and discussions at forums. Some very good and interesting stuff to be found there!
15. Take a photo a day and see your life in a whole new way. It is a great article from Photojojo. Remember that a camera that you don’t have with you is a camera that’s not going to take any pictures. So try to have your camera on you as often as possible.
Oh yes, it’s Ms. O!
Everybody knows the woman called Oprah. She is in the Forbes list of 100 richest and most powerful celebrities in the world. Aside from being a talk show host, magazine publisher, and producer — she is also known as a philanthropist and a global media leader.
Oprah Winfrey is one of the most well-known celebrities of our time. She is also considered as the most influential celebrity in television history. Her book club makes celebrities of authors and when she turns the spotlight on an issue, that issue makes headlines. The woman gets things done and she does it in an entertaining and enthralling way.
The Oprah Winfrey Show is now the longest running daytime talk show in the US. The show is very influential especially among women. Topics discussed on the show such as weight loss, depression and relationships have literally glued millions of women on their television sets. She also includes counseling sessions on her show by guesting psychologists, life experts, and spiritual mentors.
Oprah Winfrey’s life was less than glamorous as it is today. Her life story is filled with stories of child abuse, struggle, and poverty. Oprah was born in Mississippi to unwed teenage parents in 1954. Her mother brought Oprah to her grandmother where she was encouraged to go to school and have a religious upbringing. As a child, Oprah never wasted a minute of her young imaginative mind on something that seemed to be boring. In her early years, the only friends she had were farm animals. She gave them parts in the plays she made and included them in games. There were plenty of opportunities for her to display her talents. Her abilities to read, speak, and memorize were unbelievable.
Oprah attended Nashville East High School. She was well-liked by students and teachers. She later became well-known because of her skill in public speaking, making her a frequent guest in different churches and women’s group meetings. At age nineteen, Oprah got her first broadcasting job at WVOL in Nashville, Tennessee. She became the first African-American woman to anchor at Nashville’s WTVF-TV. She moved to Baltimore, Maryland in 1976, and after being co-anchor at WJZ-TV for two years, she was hired to host the station’s chat show, “People Are Talking.”
In 1984, Oprah moved to Chicago and took over the morning show “A.M. Chicago.” By September of the next year, the show was very successful that it was expanded to an hour and renamed it “The Oprah Winfrey Show.” Her show has remained the number one talk show for 20 consecutive seasons. She was introduced into the Television Hall of Fame in 1994, and has won many awards.
Oprah also tried acting. She made her acting debut in 1985 as “Sofia” in Steven Spielberg’s “The Color Purple”, for which she received both the Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations. She also has been lauded for her performances in the made-for-television movies “Before Women Had Wings” (1997), “There Are No Children Here” (1993), and “The Women of Brewster’s Place” (1989).
Now, Oprah still continues to host her popular show. Aside from her “O” magazine, she also has her own site, Oprah.com and, as expected, it is visited by millions of her adoring fans around the world. Oprah.com is a premiere women’s lifestyle website. It offers advice on everything from the mind, body, and spirit — to food, home, and relationships. It provides comprehensive resources related to The Oprah Winfrey Show; O, the Oprah Magazine; and Oprah & Friends. In addition, the website has a unique original content, including Oprah’s Book Club, which offers free in-depth reading guides for each book selection, online discussion groups, and Q&A sessions with literary experts.
Oprah knows that as long as she is making a difference in people’s lives, she will continue with her endeavors. She started out as a determined little girl who made her dreams come true. Oprah has become a financially successful woman, but shares them to the less privileged. She has touched many people’s lives. To the underprivileged with who she has shared both laughter and tears, she is a modern-day saint. Today, she mentors millions of people and continues to make a huge impact worldwide as a humanitarian, philanthropist, and advocate for education, human rights, and the empowerment of women.
home automation security ge products 2
GE Products for Home Automation Security and Protection
There are many products offered in the market whether online or offline. That is why when you decide to purchase a particular product, choosing the brand name is quite hard. It will take some time and careful consideration before you can arrive at a decision.
Have you heard of home automation? This field is not new, but most of the time you can see this technology in action whenever you watch movies with futuristic themes. Homes of the future as many people call it; but now, you can incorporate home automation into your existing home systems. With the help of professionals, you can turn your home into a convenient, safe, and comfortable home.
Home automation can change your family’s life. You can enjoy watching your favorite movie with all the automatic features of your new home A/V systems. You can create lighting scenes, and most of all, you can go straight to bed at night because your security system is automatically armed. Even your doors and windows are automatically checked and locked. These features are really helpful for the entire family; so there no need to worry about burglars, and even fire.
There are many home automation security products which you can utilize to make your home a safer place to live in. There are many brands to choose from like GE, DSC, Visonic, Optex, Sensaphone, Sky Link, and Winland. Incorporating home automation in your security system will ensure total protection for you and your family.
Among GE’s line of products, they have gadgets specifically for security purposes such as their intrusion devices. GE is a trusted name when it comes to the quality of their products.
Here is a list of GE’s security products:
1. Alphanumeric Touchpad (60-983 ATP1000) – This device will let you control the programming, activation, and operation of your security system. The touchpad includes fire, police, and other panic buttons that you can activate anytime. You can instantly hear the alarm and status sounds because it has built in speakers.
2. Home Security (Wireless) System (80-307-3X-GE Simon3) – this is an advanced security system; it is smaller, wireless, and attractive
3. Fastpack Alarm System Kit (NX-4-FP-GE Security) – this kit has some popular options for a cost-effective and convenient security system
4. Hardwire/Wireless Kit (80-871 GE Concord) – this kit includes an LCD touchpad, window sensors, crystal door sensors, motion sensor, and interior speaker. This is an advanced security system which you can depend for fire and burglary detection.
5. Allegro Wireless Security System (80-795-GE) – this is an economical security system and is an addition to the Interlogix Family Security systems
These products are just some of the most popular security systems offered by GE. If you want to get a complete line of their products, you can visit various websites. You can also visit GE’s site for a more detailed presentation of their security systems.
When you talk about security and safety, it should always begin at home. Homeowners and home builders are more concerned now of residential security than before. Your home should provide a safe feeling for all its members, and with the help of new technology, that need is attainable. Thanks to home automation, the family can now enjoy the benefits it can provide.
GE is one of the biggest companies in the world when it comes to home security systems. They have the solution that’s just right for you. You can choose among their individual products, or you can go for an entire security system.
Having a house is not enough but if you turn it into a safe place where the family can dwell, it is already called a home. Naturally, you would want to protect you home investment like personal possessions, and most importantly your family. If you visit GE’s website, they can help you in choosing the right security system for home. They offer a wide selection of technologies, from the basic alarm to the look-in video security systems; from the hardwired to the wireless systems. You name it, GE has it; all the things that you need to protect your family and home is offered by GE.
So why wait till a burglar breaks into your house? Buy GE security products now and be protected.
How to Save Money When Traveling By Air
Are you getting ready to take a trip? If you are, will you be traveling by air? If you will be, you may be nervous about the costs of doing so. Any type of travel can be expensive if you are not careful, but air travel can be the worst. With that said, it is important to know that there are ways that you can save money.
One of the best ways to save money when traveling by air is to compare airline fares. This allows you to save money right from the start. Also, if you have more than one airline to choose from, which most travelers do, be sure to price compare. Also, being flexible with the dates and times that you can fly can also result in a little bit of money saved.
Speaking of flights, be sure to choose an airport that is close to your final destination. This is important if you must rent a car or take a bus or a cab. Ending up close to your destination should result in saved money as well as saved time, by eliminating unnecessary travel. On that same note, you will want to experiment with airports that are close by. For example, did you know that a simple thirty minute drive may result in huge price gaps, depending on the airport in question?
As for packing your bags, be sure to know airport security rules. You will want to use your best judgment, but you can also learn more about airport security rules by visiting the online website for the TSA. Don’t pack anything that is sharp or buy a drink to take with you to the airport, unless it is for a child. Chances are, you will have to toss these items in the trash, which, essentially equals money lost.
Although you will need to be careful with bringing liquids to the airport, you will want to bring snacks with you. Most snacks are okay, as long as they are dry food. Great items include fruit, chips, and crackers. Stop and pickup some of these items at your local grocery store before your trip or, better yet, buy them when they are on sale. Snacks and candies are usually very expensive at the airport and their costs can easily add up
As for parking at the airport, see if you have a close friend or family member who can drop you off and pick up back up when you return. This will allow you to save yourself a considerable amount of money on parking, especially on extended trips. If you must drive yourself, like if your flight leaves or comes in when most people that you know are at work, be sure to examine all of your options. For example, outdoor parking is usually much cheaper, as opposed to indoor garage parking. Also, the farther away you are able to park, the less money you will likely have to pay.
If your flight has an in-flight movie and you want to watch, buy the headphones. Yes, this will cost a couple of dollars, but most standard headphones will not work with airport movies and seats. If you do buy the headphones though, be sure to save them, as you can use them on another flight, like your return flight. Also, if you already have a set of headphone that you purchased on an airplane before bring those, as they will likely work.
To save yourself a couple of dollar on headphones, don’t watch the movie. Instead, bring other stuff to keep you occupied. Great items include portable DVD players, laptop computers, books, magazines, music players, and portable gaming systems. When using electronic items, be sure to have extra batteries on hand. As for a laptop computer, charge your laptop at any layovers you have.
As you can see, there are a number of different ways that you can go about saving money on your next trip. In all honesty, as long as you use your best judgment and plan ahead, you shouldn’t have to incur to many additional costs.
Word Count 683
Tips for Planning a Last Minute RV Trip
Are you an RV owner? If you are, you may enjoy the freedom of being able to come and go as you please. This is a nice luxury that many motor home renters do not have. Since you, as an RV owner, do have the freedom to come and go as you please, you may be interested in taking a last minute RV trip. If so, the following tips may be able to help you do so.
One of the most important things to do for an RV trip involves mapping out your route. In all honesty, it doesn’t matter whether your trip is planned a few hours before you leave or a few weeks before, it is important to know where you will be going. Of course, you can be spontaneous along the way, like by taking a side trip, but having an intended route planned out is ideal for safety, security, and comfort. It can also help to prevent you from getting lost when you are unsure of your surroundings. Speaking of which, be sure to pack a map or having a GPS installed in your motor home.
Before heading out on a last minute RV trip, it is important to make all needed reservations. This is particularly important during peak motor home travel times, such as spring and summer. You will not want to assume that all RV parks and public campgrounds have available spots. This is particularly the case with public campgrounds, as many are already limited on the number of spaces they have that can accommodate motor homes. Once you have a destination in mind, you can quickly examine your options, in terms of RV parks or public campgrounds, online. Get the contact information and place a call to make reservations or at least see if they are needed.
It is also important to let someone know that you are leaving. Although last minute RV trips are typically planned one or two days in advance, you may have the urge to take a last minute trip and leave within a few hours. When doing so, notifying friends or family members of your travels is probably the last thing on your mind, but it is still something that you should do. Let those that you know, especially those who will notice if you are gone, when you will be leaving, where your intended destination is, how to get a hold of you, as well as when you can expect to return.
It is also a wise idea to quickly create a checklist for yourself. Even if you intend to leave in a few hours, a checklist is an important preparation step when traveling by RV. A traveling by RV camping checklist does not have to take hours to make. Simply write down the items that you need to bring, such as food, clothing, and toiletries. Next, write down your wants, such as a radio, a video gaming console, or movies. Then, check off the items as you pack them in your bags or place them in your RV.
In keeping with making sure you have all needed supplies, do a quick run through of your RV at the last minute. This will help you determine if you are missing anything of great importance. For example, look at your sleeping areas. Do you have enough sheets and blankets? What about items to cook? Do you have the needed food, pots and pans, and eating utensils? Missing supplies are easier to notice when doing a quick walk through your motor home.
The above mentioned tips are just a few of the many that can help you prepare for a last minute RV trip. As nice as it is to be spontaneous and hop in your motor home and leave at the last minute, it is still important to be prepared. Proper preparation, even for last minute trips, is not only important for your safety, but for overall enjoyment as well.
Word Count 662
Right Size to the Right Home
One of the new buzz words in real estate is “rightsizing”. Rightsizing is about finding the right size home for where you are in your life – people are searching for the perfect space for their needs. This concept not only applies to your search for personal space, it’s also a concept that is being applied to building and city planning. With an aging population, increasing density and a greater emphasis on lifestyle, the switch in thinking from “more space” to “the right space” makes a lot of sense.
Rightsizing is often brought on by a life transition and the accompanying awareness that you have grown out of your current situation – your home just doesn’t “fit” you any longer. There are many things that may trigger this awareness: your last child has left the house, you’ve been laid off or you’ve recently undergone a divorce or the death of a partner. Maybe you’re retiring, want to get control over your rising debt, or an injury or illness makes it just too difficult to tackle the stairs everyday. Whatever the motivation, you’ve realized that it’s time to find a home that is better suited to your needs.
Rightsizing asks you to consider thee things: 1) what is important to you? 2) what are your needs? and 3) what makes you happy? When you know the answer to these questions (or have a fuzzy idea), you can then begin to design your life (and home) accordingly.
Often the rightsizing concept focuses on pairing down your possessions in an effort to get rid of the endless mementos that you’ve been dragging around for decades. It is possible to live a meaningful life without all those things, and by culling your belongings you may be able to live in a smaller, less demanding (or expensive) space. Trading size for lifestyle is also appealing – lose the big house in suburbs for a loft in the city, swapping the commute for convenience and possibly doing away with the expense of a car altogether.
Perhaps a smaller home will allow you to enjoy more of the design features you desire. Your kitchen may be half the size, but you can afford the cabinets you’ve dreamed of and a heated slate floor. Maybe you’ve always longed for a greener life and are willing to trade your urban existence for a little cabin in the woods.
A big focus of rightsizing is to free you from the responsibilities of home owning so that you have more time to do the things you want to – for instance, if you have a big backyard that requires your constant attention, but you would rather spend that time kayaking, traveling or going to the movies then why keep the space? Trading your time-sucking plot for a more manageable patio garden will give you the time back and allow you the freedom to do what makes you happy.
Although much of rightsizing concentrates on moving to a smaller space, this isn’t the only focus. Rightsizing is not so much about choosing a smaller home; it’s about enhancing your environment by understanding what you really want. You might need more space – perhaps an elderly parent is moving in or you dream of starting a home-based business. It might be that you’re considering a move to a home with more square footage, which includes a rental suite so you can generate extra income, allowing you to work less and play more.
There are lots of resources available to help you “rightsize your life”, including a great book with step by step instructions to help you determine what you really need in your life and what you can let go of. A quick search online will turn up lots of inspiration. Remember, this transition may bring up a lot of emotions, but when it’s over you can enjoy your new freedom and the happiness it brings.
Opening the Flood Gate of Communications with the Grandkids
You may remember what it was like to raise teenagers. They seem to go into a funk at the age of 13 and stay that way until they have kids of their own. So now that you are a grandparent and it’s your kids struggling with getting the silent treatment from their kids, do you have to write off those sweet grandkids who used to love to climb on your lap when they came over?
Well you may know a deep dark secret that child psychologists know. Teenagers not only are not uncommunicative, they yearn to communicate what is going on in their lives. The teen years are an explosion of change that is unparalleled in life this side of the womb. So if a teenager can find an adult they can talk to, that would help them in getting through these tough teen years.
Sometimes Grandma or Grandpa can become that willing ear and someone who a teenager can talk to about whatever is eating them up inside. All you have to do is open the flood gates of communications and the grandkids will pour their hearts out to you. And as a grandparent, there is nothing you would love more.
Modern teenagers are not used to conventional letters. To them communications is email, instant messaging or text messaging over the phone. So they don’t know the thrill they can get by just seeing a card or letter from someone they love come in the good old fashioned U.S. Mail. So to start priming the pump of communications, start sending your grandkids cards.
Now don’t make these all nostalgic and sentimental “grandma loves you cards”. Be courageous and look at the hip cards and the really funny ones that will make the kids laugh and make them look forward to that next card they get from you.
This can become a hobby and a passion. If you have 5 teenage grandkids, every week find 5 really cute and funny cards to send them. Then think of a clever thing to say on each card and just end it, “I love you – Grandma”, that sends a more powerful message that Grandma wants to communicate but that communicating with her will be fun..
Now phase two. Every now and then, write them a letter. Don’t make it a long letter and certainly not a preachy letter. But make it light and fun. Find out what TV shows and movies they like and watch them. Get to know who the kids like in popular culture. You have the time so follow the gossip web sites so you can write to your grandkids about things they are talking about. All of a sudden, the light is going to come on and they will realize, “Hey, Grandpas cool”.
Now phase three. Since kids like to communicate by computer, you communicate by computer. Take some classes and learn how to use email, instant messaging and even text messaging. Then when you are pretty good at it, tease the kids with your IM nickname or your email box.
You can find all kinds of silly digital “toys” you can use to lure those kids to talk to you online. The main thing is they will open the doors to their email and to their IM to you. Then, once you have that, you can make contact by computer and become a computer “buddy”. The safety of talking on line plus the knowledge that “grandpa is cool” will let the kids know that they can talk to you. Before long the flood gates will open like never before. And when they are pouring their hearts out to you via IM or email, you will have done a wonderful thing for those kids. And that’s what being a grandparent is all about.